The Summer Escape Workout | 2 Weeks To Go!
“Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner” - Les Brown
The Next 7 Days:
Wednesday | Yotopia Hot Ballet Sculpt & Stretch
Thursday | Local Trail Run & Reformer Pilates
Friday | Gym - The Summer Escape Workout
Saturday | Rest Day
Sunday | Gym - The Summer Escape Workout
Monday | Local Trail Run
Tuesday | Reformer Pilates
The Summer Escape Workout:
- Warm up, mobility & stability exercises
- 1000m row at highest resistance
- Lateral & Frontal Leg Swings
- Hamstring Kicks & Butt Kickers
- Spinal mobilisation (Rotation & Lateral Flexion)
- Multi-directional Lunges
- Single Leg Squats
- Squat Jumps
- Spin Bike for 12 minutes (4x 2 mins + 1 min Sprint)
- Bicep curls, Tricep extension, Lateral raises, Shoulder press, Seated row.
- Kettlebell windmills, Lunge with rotation, Dip station straight leg raises, Plank with rotation, Russian twists, Bicycle crunches
- Cool down and stretch out, hit the spa and sauna
The rest of the story:
As you might be aware, I have loads of things planned for the summer including a two week escape to Cape Verde and a string of Summer Festivals around the UK, not to mention the beach time and BBQ’s all lined up, a possible trip to Norway and a long weekend at a Lancashire Lake House.
Getting into the best shape of my life was never going to be an easy task, but I put the challenge up there. I’ve got a pretty amazing precedent of low body fat percentages and PB’s to smash, but I’m not discouraged, only even more determined to give it that 100% effort it deserves.
But as much as I truly love being active and working up a sweat, there needs to be equally as much, if not more emphasis on nutrition. For the next 7 days I’m keeping a personal food & mood diary to identify where even more improvements can be made.